EVENTS & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
WORKSHOPS AND LECTURES
- Our inaugural Inclusive Leadership Institute January 13-14, 2018 in San Francisco
- The Cove: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. An invite-only women's community at The Battery. On a panel with representatives from Oculus, AbleThrive, Dropbox, and the City of San Francisco.
- Culture Conference. Facilitated plenary on unconscious bias at the conference ranked one of top 30 for entrepreneurs to attend in 2017.
- Spirit of Humanity Forum - Iceland. Facilitated focus groups for The Fetzer Institute on civil society and democracy in the wake of elections nationally and globally.
- United, not Divided. Communicating about Diversity & Inclusion through a crisis. Watch the recording (40 min). Amy facilitated a webinar on this important and timely topic.
- Yale School of Management Philanthropy Conference. Equity, Inclusion and Representation in Philanthropy
- Nexus Philanthropy Global Summit. Moderated plenary session between a former white supremacist and the son of a victim of the Milwaukee Sikh Temple shooting.
- Wisdom 2.0 - Facilitate Focus Groups for the Fetzer Institute
- Gathering of Leaders. Facilitated workshop on decreasing bias in the age of political realities. New Profit. Atlanta, GA
Most of our upcoming speaking engagements are with private clients. We hope to see you at the following conferences:
- Breakthroughs in Healthcare Equity Symposium. February 8, 2018. Amy Lazarus will be a panelist about "The Future of Diversity: Quantum Thinking in Diversity."
- Forum for Workplace Inclusion. April 10-12, 2018, Minneapolis, MN Join Obi Amachi and Willie Jackson.
- Skoll World Forum. April 10-12, 2018. Oxford, England.
- The Culture Conference. April 14-15, 2018. Santa Clara, CA
- Working Mother Media. July 13, 2018. Get a coaching session with Dr. Obi Amachi. New York City.
- Delivering Gender Inclusive Hospitality: Increase Staff Retention and Customer Loyalty OpenTable Webinar.
SELECT PREVIOUS SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Social Capital Markets conference. Design for Worldview session has been selected for a workshop at SOCAP16 on Thursday, September 15 at 1:30 pm. For a $200 discount on registration, please use the code SOCAP16_Speakers
- Dreamforce: Tales from Minority Leaders Breaking Glass Ceilings - October 5, 11am
- Dreamforce: Boldforce: Designing for Worldview and Overcoming Unconscious Bias October 5, 4:30pm
- Shaping Together: White House Briefing on Values and Leadership
The White House. World Economic Forum Global Shapers Leadership and Values. Speaker, curator, facilitator. Co-convened an off-the-record Shaper gathering.
- Women at the Negotiating Panel
Panelist, Clinton Global Initiative University. Miami, FL.
- Women and Minorities in Leadership
Panelist, Compass Partners Shift Series. Annual Conference. Washington, DC.
- Understanding Authentic Identities
Deloitte. Designed and facilitated workshop for D2International, the flagship millennial engagement program.
- Net Impact Diversity Fellows Welcome Dinner Guest Speaker
Net Impact 2015 Conference. Seattle, Washington.
- Designing for Worldview
Stanford University’s Design School. Hasso Plattner Institute of Design.
- Worldview in Products and Makers
Impact Hub. Washington, DC.
- Master Class: Inclusion Resolutions
Impact Hub. Washington, DC.
- Inclusive Leadership in the Workplace
Equal Justice Works. Washington, DC.
- Equity and Leadership
Alliance for Families and Children. Annual Conference. Designed and facilitated panel and interactive session. St. Louis, MO.
- Diversity, Identity, and Leadership
Coro Fellows and Public Allies. Pittsburgh, PA.
- Navigating your leadership journey
Guest speaker for the American Express Next Generation Fellows. Independent Sector. Washington, DC.
- Identity and Leadership in the Workplace
Keynote for Emma Bowen Foundation summer conference for increasing a diverse talent pipeline. New York, NY.
- Inclusion in Neighborhoods
Host for Radius 2.0 series. Table Tribes. Washington, DC
- Huddle Up.
Initiative focused on Black Male Achievement via collaborations among the police department, school district, and nonprofits. Kansas City, Missouri.
- Emma L. Bowen Foundation
Making Meaning of Media and Technology Careers: Navigating, Thriving, Mentoring
September 30 - Denver, CO
- Sullivan Cotter Foundation HR Alliance Summit [private event]
Sep 21-23 - Minneapolis
- Tech Inclusion 2016: Conference, Career Fair, & Startup Showcase
October 26-27 San Francisco, CA
- Global Shaper Women’s InitiativeDesigned and facilitated workshop and training for 30 women leaders. Coca-Cola Company. World Economic Forum.
- Strategies for Navigating Difficult Conversations.
Teach for America. Series of monthly workshops.
San Francisco, CA [Private event]
- Facilitator for International Race Relations Conference
Initiatives of Change. Caux, Switzerland.
- Being Different TogetherExperiencing Palo Alto, Perception And Reality
The City of Palo Alto Human Relations Commission
- Transformational Diversity
St. George’s Independent School. Professional development for all staff, and for students. Memphis, TN.
- Retreat facilitator for philanthropy and non-profit leaders
The Whitman Institute. Santa Cruz, CA.
- How to be the manager everyone wants to work for in your organization
Webinar. Progressive Business Services.
- Practicing Presentations and Meeting Facilitation
PriceWaterhouseCooper’s Advisory New Senior Milestone. Miami, FL
- Inclusive Leadership
Emerging Practitioners in Philanthropy (EPIP). Chapter Leaders Gathering at National Conference. New Orleans, LA.
- Charting your leadership journey
An interview with Dr. Melanie Walker, The World Bank. Washington, DC.
- Leadership Talent and Development
Panelist. Net Impact 2014 Conference. Minneapolis, MN.
- Inclusion, identity, and leadership
Workshop presenter for Carnegie Mellon Heinz College of Public Policy. Washington, DC.
- Address to student body and to alumni
Shaker Heights High School. Youngest person inducted into the Alumni Hall of Fame.
- Dialogue and Collaboration 3-day retreat
Co-designed and co-facilitated with Mirabai Bush. The Fetzer Institute. Kalamazoo, MI.
- Leadership conference keynote, facilitator, and trainer
Tecnològico de Monterrey. Mexico.
- Co-facilitator for dinner series exploring values in technology
SiliconValues. World Economic Forum Global Agenda Council on Values. San Francisco, CA.
- How do Characters Unite?
USA Network Characters Unite Award. Washington, DC.
- Speaker, co-facilitator, co-designer
U.S.-Saudi Women’s Forum on Social Innovation. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Wherever you are in your diversity and inclusion journey, we can help. Start by taking this quick assessment.