EVENTS & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
WORKSHOPS AND LECTURES
- United, not Divided. Communicating about Diversity & Inclusion through a crisis. Watch the recording (40 min). Amy facilitated a webinar on this important and timely topic.
- Yale School of Management Philanthropy Conference. Equity, Inclusion and Representation in Philanthropy
- Nexus Philanthropy Global Summit. Moderated plenary session between a former white supremacist and the son of a victim of the Milwaukee Sikh Temple shooting.
- Wisdom 2.0 - Facilitate Focus Groups for the Fetzer Institute
- Gathering of Leaders. Facilitated workshop on decreasing bias in the age of political realities. New Profit. Atlanta, GA
- Culture Conference. Facilitate plenary on unconscious bias at the conference ranked one of top 30 for entrepreneurs to attend in 2017. April 1-2, Santa Clara, CA.
SELECT PREVIOUS SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Social Capital Markets conference. Design for Worldview session has been selected for a workshop at SOCAP16 on Thursday, September 15 at 1:30 pm. For a $200 discount on registration, please use the code SOCAP16_Speakers
- Dreamforce: Tales from Minority Leaders Breaking Glass Ceilings - October 5, 11am
- Dreamforce: Boldforce: Designing for Worldview and Overcoming Unconscious Bias October 5, 4:30pm
- Shaping Together: White House Briefing on Values and Leadership
The White House. World Economic Forum Global Shapers Leadership and Values. Speaker, curator, facilitator. Co-convened an off-the-record Shaper gathering.
- Women at the Negotiating Panel
Panelist, Clinton Global Initiative University. Miami, FL.
- Women and Minorities in Leadership
Panelist, Compass Partners Shift Series. Annual Conference. Washington, DC.
- Understanding Authentic Identities
Deloitte. Designed and facilitated workshop for D2International, the flagship millennial engagement program.
- Net Impact Diversity Fellows Welcome Dinner Guest Speaker
Net Impact 2015 Conference. Seattle, Washington.
- Designing for Worldview
Stanford University’s Design School. Hasso Plattner Institute of Design.
- Worldview in Products and Makers
Impact Hub. Washington, DC.
- Master Class: Inclusion Resolutions
Impact Hub. Washington, DC.
- Inclusive Leadership in the Workplace
Equal Justice Works. Washington, DC.
- Equity and Leadership
Alliance for Families and Children. Annual Conference. Designed and facilitated panel and interactive session. St. Louis, MO.
- Diversity, Identity, and Leadership
Coro Fellows and Public Allies. Pittsburgh, PA.
- Navigating your leadership journey
Guest speaker for the American Express Next Generation Fellows. Independent Sector. Washington, DC.
- Identity and Leadership in the Workplace
Keynote for Emma Bowen Foundation summer conference for increasing a diverse talent pipeline. New York, NY.
- Inclusion in Neighborhoods
Host for Radius 2.0 series. Table Tribes. Washington, DC
- Huddle Up.
Initiative focused on Black Male Achievement via collaborations among the police department, school district, and nonprofits. Kansas City, Missouri.
- Emma L. Bowen Foundation
Making Meaning of Media and Technology Careers: Navigating, Thriving, Mentoring
September 30 - Denver, CO
- Sullivan Cotter Foundation HR Alliance Summit [private event]
Sep 21-23 - Minneapolis
- Tech Inclusion 2016: Conference, Career Fair, & Startup Showcase
October 26-27 San Francisco, CA
- Global Shaper Women’s InitiativeDesigned and facilitated workshop and training for 30 women leaders. Coca-Cola Company. World Economic Forum.
- Strategies for Navigating Difficult Conversations.
Teach for America. Series of monthly workshops.
San Francisco, CA [Private event]
- Facilitator for International Race Relations Conference
Initiatives of Change. Caux, Switzerland.
- Being Different TogetherExperiencing Palo Alto, Perception And Reality
The City of Palo Alto Human Relations Commission
- Transformational Diversity
St. George’s Independent School. Professional development for all staff, and for students. Memphis, TN.
- Retreat facilitator for philanthropy and non-profit leaders
The Whitman Institute. Santa Cruz, CA.
- How to be the manager everyone wants to work for in your organization
Webinar. Progressive Business Services.
- Practicing Presentations and Meeting Facilitation
PriceWaterhouseCooper’s Advisory New Senior Milestone. Miami, FL
- Inclusive Leadership
Emerging Practitioners in Philanthropy (EPIP). Chapter Leaders Gathering at National Conference. New Orleans, LA.
- Charting your leadership journey
An interview with Dr. Melanie Walker, The World Bank. Washington, DC.
- Leadership Talent and Development
Panelist. Net Impact 2014 Conference. Minneapolis, MN.
- Inclusion, identity, and leadership
Workshop presenter for Carnegie Mellon Heinz College of Public Policy. Washington, DC.
- Address to student body and to alumni
Shaker Heights High School. Youngest person inducted into the Alumni Hall of Fame.
- Dialogue and Collaboration 3-day retreat
Co-designed and co-facilitated with Mirabai Bush. The Fetzer Institute. Kalamazoo, MI.
- Leadership conference keynote, facilitator, and trainer
Tecnològico de Monterrey. Mexico.
- Co-facilitator for dinner series exploring values in technology
SiliconValues. World Economic Forum Global Agenda Council on Values. San Francisco, CA.
- How do Characters Unite?
USA Network Characters Unite Award. Washington, DC.
- Speaker, co-facilitator, co-designer
U.S.-Saudi Women’s Forum on Social Innovation. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Wherever you are in your diversity and inclusion journey, we can help. Start by taking this quick assessment.