JOIN OUR TEAM!
InclusionVentures is hiring for an Inclusion Associate in the San Francisco Bay Area.
InclusionVentures helps organizations bring out the best in their people so that together they can bring their world-changing ideas to life. We are a boutique consulting firm focused on identifying the most effective and scalable ways to make inclusion the norm through organizations’ workforce, work culture, and work products and services.
InclusionVentures has a small but mighty team that is growing quickly and is looking to continue making a big impact and, dare we hope, a better world. Our company just turned three years old and is proud to have worked with over 50 startups, tech companies, foundations, and innovative organizations. Learn more about what we do.
InclusionVentures is growing! We are hiring an Inclusion Associate, a key role that will report directly to the CEO and will work collaboratively with the team on all things inclusion. Your work will be critical to making it all happen. You’ll drive business development efforts from initial calls to contract signing, lead on systems and operations for the company, and support the behind-the-scenes strategy of client work. You’ll have the opportunity participate in client-facing work from time-to-time. This is a compelling role for someone who is a strong writer, who enjoys balancing multiple projects at once, who is a creative problem solver and a critical thinker, and who is deeply passionate about making inclusion the norm.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing company. This role has the opportunity for advancement and for developing skills. We understand that some applicants will be stronger in certain elements of this role than in other areas. Don’t let that stop you from applying! We are committed to your development and growth.
In this role, you will have the ability to impact every aspect of our work.
- Work closely with the CEO and colleagues on ongoing business development as the company grows. You’ll drive business development calls with potential clients, write, edit, and format proposals, manage our CRM, and coordinate client development action plans. You’ll also manage our social media and act as our point of contact for potential clients. You may represent InclusionVentures at industry events from time-to-time.
- Drive all things client operations for the company. You’ll help drive client work by attending a variety of meetings with our clients and leading next steps. In addition, you’ll manage all operations and logistics for all of InclusionVentures’ services, including client engagements and events (e.g., Institute). From time-to-time, you’ll also engage on-site with clients.
- Drive business operations. You’ll partner with the Executive Assistant to leverage, maintain, and improve systems and processes that make our company’s operations more efficient. You’ll be a champion of streamlined processes.
- Bolster the inclusion knowledge base for the company. You’ll lead the charge on tracking, highlighting and organizing findings, studies, and trends related to diversity, equity, and inclusion. You’ll turn what you learn into useable content for our engagements.
- Given that we’re a small team and this is an operations role, you’ll also support the work of our full team in a variety of ways on a regular basis.
A successful candidate is:
A Skilled Communicator & Writer: Writing and editing proposals are integral parts of this role. We are seeking a highly skilled and compelling writer who can effectively write, edit, convey, and present with a deep connection to our work so that clients understand how our work positively impacts their businesses. This includes leading business development calls and other meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- A Project Manager: This role requires wearing multiple hats and managing many different projects and priorities at once. An effective Inclusion Associate will strategically lead multiple projects of varying urgency at once, prioritizing, managing stakeholders, and delegating as needed.
- A Relationship Manager: People and relationships are at the heart of InclusionVentures’ approach and culture. Successful team members enjoy collaborating and thought partnering on diverse teams and invest their energies in building meaningful relationships with staff and clients. This role will have access to sensitive information regularly. Demonstrating trustworthiness and discretion is critical.
- Systems-Minded: This role interacts with and manages a variety of company systems used to make our work more streamlined and efficient. A high degree of aptitude or experience using and administering relevant software, including Canva, CRMs, project planning tools, and drafting documents. A willingness and ability to quickly learn new software and improve our systems is necessary for this role.
- Strategic & Detail-Oriented: You have an ability to get into the details then pull up to see the big picture, and you help the team to do the same. We expect you’ll be able to see the forest and the trees.
- Experienced in Diversity & Inclusion: You have a deep passion for our work around creating inclusive, diverse, equitable, and innovative organizations, as well as experience in the D&I space. You also have a commitment to continuous learning.
Other things to know
- We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that reflects our values and our work. It is our aim to practice what we believe in every interaction. As such, we continuously push ourselves and each other to challenge our beliefs and thinking. InclusionVentures is an equal opportunity employer. We are especially excited about applications from people who intrinsically understand the challenges of people often underrepresented in the workplace.
- We are a small and mighty team of 3 full-time staff. Those of us in the Bay Area work out of an awesome co-working space, as well as from client sites. One of our team members works on the East Coast. We all travel regularly to client sites for engagements, though minimal travel is expected in this role. In addition to our full-time staff, we work with several trainers and facilitators who help us deliver the best client engagements possible.
- As we value our people, we offer competitive compensation. Please note that we do not offer health & wellness benefits at this time.
- This role is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and the opportunity is available immediately.
How to apply
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled, though we encouraged you to apply as soon as possible.
- Cover Letter
- Please include “Inclusion Associate” in the subject line.
- Note: While we appreciate transparency, please do not include salary history in your cover letter. We want to compensate you fairly for the role, not based on your salary history as part of our efforts to create as inclusive of a hiring process as possible.