JOIN OUR TEAM!
InclusionVentures is hiring for an Inclusion Coordinator in the San Francisco Bay Area.
InclusionVentures helps organizations bring out the best in their people so that together they can bring their world-changing ideas to life. We are a boutique consulting firm focused on identifying the most effective and scalable ways to make inclusion the norm through organizations’ workforce, work culture, and work products and services.
InclusionVentures has a small but mighty team that is growing quickly and is looking to continue making a big impact and, dare we hope, a better world. Our company just turned three years old and is proud to have worked with over 50 startups, tech companies, foundations, and innovative organizations. Learn more about what we do.
InclusionVentures is growing! We are hiring an Inclusion Coordinator, a key new role that will report directly to the CEO and will support the team in all things inclusion. Your work will be critical to making it all happen. As the lead “success enabler” and operations person for the company, you’ll also get to learn firsthand about business development, the latest in inclusion, and the behind-the-scenes strategy of client work. This is a compelling role for someone who gets things done, who is a creative problem solver and a critical thinker, who is driven to support a busy CEO, and who is deeply passionate about making inclusion the norm.
This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing company. This role has the opportunity for advancement and for developing skills. We understand that some applicants will be stronger in certain elements of this role than in other areas. Don’t let that stop you from applying! We are committed to your development and growth.
In this role, you will have the ability to impact every aspect of our work.
- Support ongoing business development as the company grows. You’ll write, edit, and format proposals, manage our CRM, and coordinate next steps after business development calls. You’ll also manage our social media and act a point of contact for potential clients. You may represent InclusionVentures at industry events from time-to-time.
- Drive all things client operations for the company. You’ll help drive client work by attending a variety of meetings and leading next steps. In addition, you’ll manage all operations and logistics for all of InclusionVentures’ services, including client engagements and events (e.g., Institute).
- Drive business operations. You’ll partner with the Executive Assistant to leverage, maintain, and improve systems and processes that make our company’s operations more efficient. You’ll be a champion of streamlined processes.
- Bolster the inclusion knowledge base for the company. You’ll lead the charge on tracking, highlighting and organizing findings, studies, and trends related to diversity, equity, and inclusion. You’ll turn what you learn into useable content for our engagements.
- Given that we’re a small team and this is an operations role, you’ll also support the work of our full team in a variety of ways on a regular basis.
A successful candidate is a(n):
- Project Manager: This role requires wearing multiple hats and managing many different projects and priorities at once. An effective Inclusion Coordinator will successfully navigate multiple projects of varying urgency at once and will have a knack for prioritization.
- Excellent Communicator: Writing--proposals and other pieces--is an integral part of this role. We are seeking a skilled communicator who can effectively write, edit, convey, and present confidently and with a deep connection to our work so that clients understand how our work positively impacts their businesses.
- Relationship Manager: People and relationships are at the heart of InclusionVentures’ approach and culture. Successful team members enjoy collaborating and thought partnering on diverse teams and invest their energies in building meaningful relationships with staff and clients.
- Trusted Teammate: This role will have access to sensitive information regularly. Demonstrating trustworthiness and discretion is critical.
- Strategic & Detail-Oriented: You have an ability to get into the details then pull up to see the big picture, and you help the team to do the same. We expect you’ll be able to see the forest and the trees.
- Inclusion-Minded: You have a deep passion for our work around creating inclusive, diverse, equitable, and innovative organizations, as well as a commitment to continuous learning.
Other things to know
- We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that reflects our values and our work. It is our aim to practice what we believe in every interaction. As such, we continuously push ourselves and each other to challenge our beliefs and thinking. InclusionVentures is an equal opportunity employer. We are especially excited about applications from people who intrinsically understand the challenges of people often underrepresented in the workplace.
- We are a small and mighty team of 3 full-time staff. Those of us in the Bay Area work out of an awesome co-working space, as well as from client sites. One of our team members works on the East Coast. We all travel regularly to client sites for engagements, though minimal travel is expected in this role. In addition to our full-time staff, we work with several trainers and facilitators who help us deliver the best client engagements possible.
- This role interacts and/or manages a variety of systems. A high degree of aptitude or experience using relevant software, including CRMs, project planning tools, and drafting documents, and a willingness and ability to quickly learn new software, are necessary for this role. Bonus points for familiarity with Canva.
- We believe in transparency around compensation. The salary for the role is in the low $50K range with opportunities for growth and bonuses.
- This role is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and the opportunity is available immediately.
How to apply
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled, though we encourage you to apply by February 18, 2018.
- Cover Letter
- Please include “Inclusion Coordinator” in the subject line.
- Note: While we appreciate transparency, please do not include salary history in your cover letter. We want to compensate you fairly for the role, not based on your salary history as part of our efforts to create as inclusive of a hiring process as possible.