Program Management Intern
InclusionVentures helps organizations bring out the best in their people so that, together, they can bring their world-changing ideas to life. We are a boutique consulting firm focused on identifying the most effective and scalable ways to make inclusion the norm through organizations’ workforce, work culture, and work products and services.
InclusionVentures has a small but mighty team that is growing quickly and is looking to continue making a big impact and, dare we hope, a better world. Our company just turned four years old and is proud to have worked with over 75 startups, tech companies, foundations, and innovative organizations. Learn more about what we do.
InclusionVentures is growing! We are hiring a Program Management Intern, a key role that will support our Norm Inclusion Extended Team (NIET) Program Manager. This is primarily an operationally-focused role. Although you’ll be involved with several projects, your primary responsibility will be to ensure we meet our operational objectives for our Norm Inclusion Extended Team program and ensure successful onboarding of new facilitators. This is a compelling role for someone who is operations-minded, enjoys balancing multiple projects at once, is interested in the behind-the-scenes work it takes to manage a program, and is deeply passionate about making inclusion the norm.
This is a great opportunity to intern at a growing company. We understand that some applicants will be stronger in certain elements of this role than in other areas. Don’t let that stop you from applying! We are committed to your development and growth.
In this role, you will help recruit, select, train, onboard, and staff part-time facilitators. Working closely with our internal team, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Manage operations and logistics for NIET recruitment, selection, training, and onboarding.
- Coordinate and collaborate with lead trainers and the Client Success Coordinator to plan NIET cohort trainings.
- Draft and send all communication to NIET candidates and members.
- Support the Client Success Leads with project planning and staffing of NIET members on various projects.
You’ll also help us plan and execute events as needed. You will:
- Assist with operations and logistics for events.
- Create templates and plans to replicate for future events.
A successful candidate is
- A Strong Communicator: The Program Management Intern is a clear, concise writer. They are able to create effective and formatted emails and newsletter updates.
- A Project Manager: A self-starter, you’ll manage many details and logistics, balancing multiple competing needs and priorities. A successful Program Management Intern will remain agile and will manage up and laterally to ensure things get done smoothly and in a timely manner.
- A Relationship Manager: People and relationships are at the heart of InclusionVentures’ approach and culture. A successful Program Management Intern will have the ability to grow relationships with the InclusionVentures team and extended team. Successful team members enjoy collaborating and thought-partnering on diverse teams and invest their energies in building meaningful relationships with stakeholders.
- Growing in their knowledge and experience in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging: You have a deep passion for our work around creating inclusive, diverse, equitable, and innovative organizations. You also have a commitment to continuous learning and are excited and willing to learn more in this area.
Other things to know
- We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that reflects our values and our work. It is our aim to practice what we believe in every interaction. As such, we continuously push ourselves and each other to challenge our beliefs and thinking. InclusionVentures is an equal opportunity employer. We are especially excited about applications from people who intrinsically understand the challenges of people often underrepresented in the workplace.
- We are a small and mighty team of 4 (soon to be 6) full-time staff. We are in high demand and are actively expanding our reach, which means we must be agile, nimble, and exhibit a growth mindset.
- We have team members in/on the Bay Area, East Coast, and Texas. We all travel regularly to client sites for engagements, though minimal travel is expected in this role. In addition to our full-time staff, we work with a cohort of talented NIET facilitators who help us deliver the best client engagements possible.
- Our internships are paid positions or for class-credit (your choice!) with one-year terms (semester may be an option yet one-year is preferred). Estimated hours are 10-20 hours/week and can be flexible to accommodate class schedules if you’re in school.
- While this role is ideally based in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, we are open to applicants from across the United States.
How to apply
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled, though we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
- Cover Letter
- Please include “Program Management Intern” in the subject line.
- Note: While we appreciate transparency, please do not include compensation history in your cover letter. We want to compensate you fairly for the role, not based on your compensation history, as part of our efforts to create as inclusive of a hiring process as possible.